As a Spanish Language examiner, I continually see candidates failing their official Spanish exams not because their language skills are not good enough but because they lack confidence in their ability to communicate and fail to understand what is expected from them. I think good tutoring implies an in-depth knowledge of the internal procedures of the test and being able to pass that knowledge to the pupil is essential.
I have 15 years of highly successful experience preparing my student for official examinations.
I offer specialised Spanish courses for preparing DELE (Diplomas of Spanish as a Foreign Language), examen de español de la Cámara de Comercio de Madrid (Madrid Chamber of Commerce), CELU (Certificado de Español Lengua y Uso), SIELE, the AP Spanish Language and Culture, Oxford Modern Language Admission Test, and CEREL exam.
- DELE Diplomas are the only official title accreditation of the degree of fluency in Spanish as a foreign language in Spain. They are issued by the Instituto Cervantes on behalf of the Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport, and are internationally recognised. In fact, the DELE diplomas are the most prestigious certificates required by public and private educational authorities and institutions, as well as those belonging to the business and trade world in their education, employment promotion and new employee selection employment promotion processes.
- Many of my students, after having obtained the Spanish Business Diploma and Certificate issued by the Chamber of Commerce of Madrid, have seen their efforts rewarded, improving and making progress in their employment situation; especially since when the five major European Chambers of Commerce and Industry mutually recognised their competence in the field of professional language accreditation.
- Argentina offers the most prestigious internationally acknowledged language certificate from Latin-America: CELU, Certificate of Spanish: Language and Use. CELU is a proficiency test of Spanish as a foreign language. It can be taken by any foreigner whose mother tongue is not Spanish and who wants to prove his or her ability to use Spanish as a second language in working and academic contexts. The CELU examination is officially acknowledged by the Ministry of Education and by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Worship of Argentina.
- SIELE GLOBAL is a single multilevel exam created and developed by several universities across Spain and Latin-America that allows you to obtain the SIELE certificate, a document that includes a score from 0 to 1000, the result of the sum of your scores from each of the four tests, and associated with the levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- Oxford Modern Language Admission Test in Spanish is a paper-based test which consists of four parts, two on grammar, one on translation into Spanish and a last one on translation into English.
I have designed specialised courses for preparing for the above official exams familiarizing the student with the type of exam and their particular characteristics. In this way, the student practices during the lesson the linguistic skills to be tested and the specific knowledge of vocabulary requested.
After following my specialised preparatory course my students will sit the exams feeling the necessary degree of self-confidence and assurance thanks to having previously taken many mock exams similar to the ones they will have to face on the day of their test.